MARKETING PLAN by Pepper
Can be personalized according to the needs of each Company
The first step that should be taken when a company starts or brings together several small pieces of business together is to incorporate all the aspects of the business under one entity, that means the business needs to show a united front, use the same Logo, and the same umbrella, strength is in numbers. It is much easier to market one entity than market several little entities at the same time as it creates a lot more expense, so yes one entity that would encompass any and all parts of it.
So lets say an insurance agent that works with Property and Casualty, and another colleague that represents Life, Health which also covers Voluntary benefits. so It would make a lot of sense to take advantage of each other strengths, contacts and budget, join hands and market themselves under one logo and business cards or even let’s say a group of lawyers that one focuses in Criminal Law, one in Business Law, other in Real Estate and Estate, or even Immigration, if they can join hands and market themselves under one Logo, showing different facets of their business, they can share office space, marketing expenses, trade show expenses, even web development, and push a Brand together.
A new Logo can be created and on the website, flyer or card all the different aspects of the business can be described, all participants named and their expertise described for each one of them.
So let’s say “Robert” already has a client with a small business that got Property insurance for his building, then from there “Robert” can ask to his client , what has he done for life coverage for him and his family in case something would happen to him, or if he has offered any voluntary benefits to his employees like cancer coverage that is so prevalent in the US, or Critical Care coverage for his employees. Once you have a relationship with a client, it is easy to offer the same client other types of insurance or other services as the Client already knows you and trusts you.
So the first step would be to create a new Logo that would result in new business cards that describe what services the new entity provides. Your logo which is the first important part of your brand should portray who you are, where you are going and what is your focus. Do not lose an opportunity when you give your business card to a person to let them know exactly what service you can provide them. That should be listed in your card. If you have a business like a Bed and Breakfast or an exercise Gym, then take a real picture of your establishment and make that the back of your card. A picture is worth a thousand words, especially if it is a high resolution pictures in great color. Remember a business card is your first image and you want that image to be as professional as possible and really catch the attention of your possible client or member.
So now we have part of your image done with the business cards. So this how your image should be built? Well we need a simple website that can tell your story. I go back again to each company and each person’s story. Why is it important? Why do people buy product or service from you and not from somebody else?
Well let’s give an example of an insurance broker: to buy insurance is always a matter of trust, and people will buy insurance from an individual and a company if they feel they can trust that company and individual because if they die or have an accident, or the business burns down, they want to make sure they will be able to get paid or their survivors will get paid.
So each person’s story will give that level of trust, that is extremely important.
The Tag Line Could be :
“Insurance for the average person”.
So a few more ideas about marketing yourselves:
1. Become the top expert in your industry and make yourself available for questions or meetings with other businesses. The online world makes it easier than ever for entrepreneurs to market themselves to a wide audience, but consumers are very discerning about who they trust. The best way to increase your visibility and your credibility is to become the top expert in your industry. After all, it’s no secret that those who specialize in something get more business and can charge a higher price. If you are unique or can do something the average person in your industry can’t do, you can charge a higher price. You don’t have to be the best in the world—start by becoming the recognized expert in your zip code and work your way up from there. You’ll increase your net worth as you build a good reputation for top-quality work, remember you even told me you have the ability to look at all the companies you represent and give the best price to your client.
2. Be Yourself and Authentic. There’s no sense faking it! If you’d rather be someone else, try acting. If you want to build your personal brand, you have to be yourself. People value authenticity when making purchasing decisions; putting on airs or playing a character will quickly signal to them that you are a liar and that you can’t be trusted. That doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t strive to be your idealized self or a happier, more successful version of you, but it does mean that there must be a core of truth and authenticity to your words and deeds. Otherwise, you’ll be dismissed as a faker or a try-hard.
3. Be Persistent and Perseverant! In today’s fast-paced, interconnected world, people are bombarded with messages and stories all day and all night long. Increasingly, it can be more difficult to stand out than ever before. Luckily, you don’t always have to. To cut through the noise, be consistent with your message. Decide on a brand style, including colors, logo, tag line, and mission—then stick to it. Keep your standards up always. Try various marketing methods to see which ones pull in traffic and conversions the best. Look at where your competitors are spending their money, then decide if you should do likewise. If you’re consistent every time and everywhere your target audience encounters you, your message will get through eventually and you will make an impression. All about creating a brand, consistency, present yourself in a consistent way, don’t deviate from your message or the quality of your service, that way your reputation spreads quickly, if the service is great, price is great, the client knows what to expect time after time, then the customer can refer your services to his friends without concern.
4. Get out of your Bubble and Connect with everybody. You want real, effective engagement? Get out of the house. Nobody ever built a successful personal brand by sitting around and saying (or typing) incredible words of wisdom. People need action! Whether it’s in your online community or your local one, get out there, engage, and give back. Sponsor a local girl scout troop or charity race. Volunteer to serve on boards, or make donations to your favorite local non-profit organizations. Show your face! The more people get to know you and trust you (and recognize you!), the more likely they are to try or to recommend your products or services. 80 percent of success is showing up, so do it
HOW TO IMPLEMENT THE IDEAS
– Create the brand (which we discussed above)
– Create the presence virtually and physically-
– Create a real business profile for your company, all the services provided, differences between you and other competitors,
– Create a series of articles about your business, your goals, your focus that can be sent out weekly to your clients. Through your words, your clients will understand you better and you will gain their trust.
– Take advantage of every event you can attend, where there are possibilities of introducing the brand, like presentations, workshops, trade shows, any place where you can bring exposure to yourself.
– Create a social media presence, through FaceBook and other vehicles like tweeter and others according to your industry.
– Don’t Give up, Persevere, reinvent yourself every opportunity you get, continuously improve your business, stay truthful to your image, product and message.
– Stay the Course! Build Your Brand!
Written by Pepper