I CHOOSE HAPPINESS!
CHAPTER 11 HAPPINESS TODAY!
After listening to so many news left and right, it is difficult to find a sense of Happiness today! Sometimes it feels the world went crazy and from young to old, everybody is stressed and agitated, lots of crazy talk all around, insults and screaming without reason but we must make a difference, so let’s pretend we just uncover a great secret of
BEING HAPPY IN DIFFICULT OVERWHELMING TIMES
For me Happiness is a State of Mind, that yourself can develop and increase with Habit, but let’s make things easy and straight forward, let’s put it in easy baby steps to create that Wonderful Habit of being “HAPPY!”
1. Wake Up and Say “Thank you Lord, I am alive and I can spend another day with my loved ones!
2. I will enjoy every minute of my day by smiling to Life and enjoying my Morning Coffee
3. I will push myself to find time to exercise and Sweat My Way to Joy (Physical exercise makes you forget your emotional and physical pains and despairs)
4. Let’s do a Favor for somebody, holding the door for a senior citizen at the supermarket or take your neighbor’s child to school as the mother is sick or just call your mother you have not spoken to in weeks but take Five Minutes and do a Favor for others!
5. You know that you need to go to Work as you need to pay your bills and feed your family, but let’s enjoy what you do instead of moaning every step of the way. Remember when you were a kid and you really enjoyed playing games, let’s then Make Work a Game and enjoy what we do, be proud of what you do, no matter if you clean the floor or you are a day trader
6. Take time to see your family, boyfriend, or friends, devote quality time to them – Friends Get Appointments Too
7. Do not get discourage by sad news, or by financial tough times, every day is a new day and you need to find the special Meaning in Hard Times. There is a reason for everything and a lesson to learn every day. That is how we try to become experts at Life! Going through Life is like getting a fast track expensive education at the top college and after 4 intensive years, you realize you need to take your masters and after that you need to take a specialized course and so is life the learning never stops
How of Happiness:
1. They devote a great amount of time to their family and friends, nurturing and enjoying those relationships.
2. They are comfortable expressing gratitude for all they have.
3. They are often the first to offer helping hands to coworkers and passersby.
4. They practice optimism when imagining their futures.
5. They savor life’s pleasures and try to live in the present moment.
6. They make physical exercise a weekly and even daily habit.
7. They are deeply committed to lifelong goals and ambitions (e.g., fighting fraud, building cabinets, or teaching their children their deeply held values).
8. Finally, the happiest people do have their share of stresses, crises, and even tragedies. They may become just as distressed and emotional in such circumstances as you or me, but their secret weapon is the poise and strength they show in coping in the face of challenge.
I read something quite interesting yesterday about basic physical skills that everybody should have to survive in today’s world, think about Puerto Rico or Houston and for sure you understand how useful this list is.
‘In our fast-paced technologically-centered modern world, many adults have never learned some of the basic skills need for self-sufficiency or survival. We’ve compiled a list of some of the crucial skills everyone should know, for day-to-day life.
1. How to change a tire: seems basic, but many people, especially women, don’t know how to do this.
2. How to hand-wash laundry: it’s harder than it looks!
3. How to start a fire: probably the #1 survival skill, everyone should know how to do this
4. Plant recognition: it’s always useful to know what’s growing in your region
5. How to cook beans: also, basic-but important!
6. Basic weight, volume and distance measurements: there’s going to be a day when you can’t Google it
7. How to mend clothing: no fast fashion after doomsday!
8. Endurance-running, strength: being able to run and jump might save your life one day-train up now!
9. How to properly lift and carry heavy loads: ditto!
10. Basic knots: where’s that boy scout handbook?
11. How to use a compass: something else that could save your life one day!
12. Insect recognition: always good to know what might bite.
13. How to jump-start a car: another basic skill everyone should know
14. How to siphon gas: you never know when you might need to uh, borrow some gas.
15. Basics of child birth childbirth can be complicated but everyone should know a few basics, just in case!
16. How to make a splint: first aid 101, as well as the following two:
17. How to treat a wound and…
18. How to treat a sprain.
19. How to make broth: make the most of the game you catch, as well as…
20. How to clean game: gross, but oh so useful.
21. How to fish: many cultures caught fish without metal hooks, what’s your excuse?
22. How to purify water: Like making a fire, this one is crucial.
23. How to start seeds: The foundation of gardening is how to sprout seeds. This can be useful for everything from using the contents of your heirloom seed vault, making sprouts out of your dried bean and rice stash, to cultivating plants you find in the wild.
In a survival situation and even on a day-to-day basis, these necessary skills will help you become more self-reliant, more confident in nature, and less dependent on the tethers of modern life.”